Friday, July 29, 2011

Age ain't nothing but a number

Ok... Uhm... Wow...

So it has been quite a while since my last entry. I have been busy. So many things have happened. I doubt I'll remember them all though.

The first thing that comes to mind is the camp that I attended last week. I had reservations about going because I am cynical like that sometimes. Surprisingly I enjoyed myself. Now you should know that I am not a mans man. But that is a whole other blog entry by itself. I digress... I spent the whole weekend with my girls and I had loads of laughs and photo shoots and adventures in the forest. For the first time at a camp I felt free to be me.

The Saturday evening however was an extremely emotional one. If you have watched "The Freedom Writers" you would be familiar with an exercise called "cross the line" where certain questions are asked and if it applies to you then you must cross the line. I became emotional not because of me and my situations but because of my friends and what they are going through. At that moment I felt so helpless when all I wanted to do is hold them and tell them everything will be ok.

So on my way back from camp I found out that Amy Winehouse has died and about the disaster in Norway. My heart goes out to everyone in Norway who lost family members or friends. I cannot say that I am surprised at what happened to Amy though but it is still sad none the less.

She died at the age of 27 and I found out that several former stars died at the same age. I found that intriguing and I did a bit of research on it (meaning I Googled my behind off). I discovered a lot of conspiracy theories, illuminati included. The most interesting article I found though purports that our life consists of cycles and they change drastically between the ages of 26-29. Most of it sounded "way-out-there" but it got me thinking... I am 27 and I HAVE noticed quite a few changes in my life. I have become much more mellow. Things that used to interest me in the past no longer matters. I value family more than before. I appreciate my friends a lot more also. Even the type of music I listen to has changed. So I suppose there might be some truth to that statement.

If I have a word (or several) of advice however it would be that you should not wait to be 27 to mature. Love your family. Appreciate your friends. Laugh as much as you can. Live your life, don't just watch it pass by you. You never know what might happen tomorrow.

From now on I'll try to post more entries more often. Until then....


Peace. Love. Happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment