Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Do Yourself A Favour


I really don’t have much to say… My life lately has been spent either in front of the TV or laptop, sooo ya…

I thought I’d do a “Latest Favourite Things” post

Music

I don’t really have a specific taste in music. If it is good to my ears then I like it. Right now my Top 3 tunes are:

            Just Give Me A Reason – Pink and Nate Reuss



            Impossible – James Arthur



            Bruises – Chairlift


Just a bit of a side note… I think the duet between Pink and Nate Reuss is awesome! Do yourself a favour and check out the live performance.

Movies

Well Pitch Perfect is one of my all time favourites. I must have watched it about 15 times. One cannot go wrong with Pitch Perfect.




I would really like to get myself the DVD box set of Kill Bill. Urgh! I just never seem to get to it. One of my all time favourites.




The other day I watched The Perks Of Being A Wallflower. I will comment on this movie in the following section.




Books

Before I started exams last year I read 50 Shades of Grey. I finished the first 2 but I just couldn’t finish the 3rd one because I found it extremely boring. Maybe I’ll finish it one day but right now I really can’t be asked.




I also discovered The Perks of Being a Wallflower after I saw people discussing it on Facebook. The title really caught my eye. I immediately downloaded the book and a few hours of non-stop reading I was done reading. It is such an unassuming and simple book and yet it is so good. There are some good life lessons hidden in the story. I would definitely recommend that you read it.




After reading the book I got hold of the movie and I have to say that I didn’t have high hopes. My expectations were fully met. The casting was absolutely horrid. Not one single actor echoed the character in the book. Although I know that Emma Watson is not a good actress (ever since her Harry Potter days), it was still a bit sad to have it confirmed by this film. Maybe she should just become a socialite. The only redeeming quality of the film is that it did not stray from the book too much. Bottom line: the book is much better than the film. Do yourself a favour and read it. *It’s free online*

I have been reading The Wheel Of Time series now for a very long while. I have just discovered that the final book, A Memory Of Light has been released a few days ago. I really want to read it soon. I have been avoiding online forums and WOT websites like the plague! Hopefully I’ll get it sometime this week. I’m so excited, but also sad because it’s coming to an end and I have to find another series to read after this. A lot of people have suggesting A Song Of Fire And Ice. Maybe I’ll start it next month…




TV

My favourite TV shows are…

The Big Bang Theory




There’s really noting to say about TBBT. You either find it funny or you don’t...

Modern family




The same can be said for MF. The relationships and quirks of this family is just hilarious!

House Hunters




This is a series that follows people who are about to buy property and each episode chronicles their journey. I suppose I like it because it allows me to see how other people live elsewhere in the world.

Selling New York




Now this is a show and a half. This show follows three/two New York realty brokers and the multi-million dollar properties that they sell in The Big Apple. Some of these apartments are just absolutely exquisite and so ridiculously expensive!! If you like to dream big I would suggest you do yourself a favour and watch this series.


There you go… Those are just a few of my favourite things at the moment… Enjoy!!!

Peace. Love. Happiness. 

No comments:

Post a Comment